Tuesday, June 19, 2007

My Apartment

I finally moved into my apartment on Monday. It's a three-bedroom apartment just across the street from Qinghua University South Gate, exactly a 20-minute walk from IUP and one bus stop from Wudaokou subway station (5 minute walk). Part of the Qinghua Yuan apartment complex, the place is a little old and dusty (6th floor, no elevator), but there's AC and DSL internet, and given that it's also extremely cheap ($135 per month), I can't really complain.


The only thing I have yet to figure out is the shower. If you turn the handle towards hot, the water gets scaldingly hot, but at any other position, the water is cold. I will continue to tinker with the settings. Luckily, the weather these past few days hasn't been too bad, so short showers are a-okay.

I have two roommates, both of whom are Chinese. One just graduated college and is now working at Google. She works insane hours - last night, she got home at midnight, and this is only her second week! The other is a Beida graduate currently studying in France, but working in Beijing this summer. I'm really excited that they're native speakers so I can practice my Chinese with them all the time. Hopefully, they can also help me with my homework!!

No comments: